Frequently Asked Questions
1. My app won’t wake me up in the morning.
The use of other apps or functions on your device may prevent the app from waking you up properly.
Please check the operating environment and recommended devices.
※Users with Android 6.0 or later, please click here.
2. My alarm doesn’t make any sound.
Please check the volume settings.
※ISEKAI uses your device’s Alarm Volume and Media Volume. The volume for your alarm is the Alarm Volume and all other sounds play at the Media Volume. That is why you can silence the app’s sounds while still hearing your alarm. (Not available on some devices.)
Please check the silent switch and volume on the left side of your device.
Also, check to make sure that you can receive notifications from the app.
※The alarm will only sound if notifications are allowed and the phone is not on silent mode.
3. I can’t use the mic.
- Tap the microphone icon on the bottom right-hand side of the screen. Once the icon turns pink, try speaking.
- Check to make sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Check to make sure that your device’s date and time are correct.
- There may be a chance that your device’s mic is set to OFF.※
※Follow the instructions below to make sure the mic function is set to ON in the ISEKAI app.
4. I’m using an Android device and can’t change my username.
Check to make sure that your device’s screen is not locked.
5. Regarding Recommended Devices
As of May 2019, the following are recommended.
- Smartphones or tablets with Android 5.0 or later (excluding models equipped with IntelCPU)
- Compatible with iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches that have iOS 10.02 or later.
※From time to time, we review the recommended devices.
The app is not guaranteed to operate in all environments. Please check to make sure the free app will run on your device before making purchases.
6. Regarding Operating Environment
- This app requires an Internet connection. It may not operate properly in areas with a bad connection.
- Please pay attention to your device’s volume settings and battery life. If the volume is too low, the alarm may not wake you up.
- The alarm may not be activated depending on the function of each device or the specifications of other apps.
7. Regarding Devices with Android 6.0 or later
Devices with Android 6.0 or later are equipped with power saver function called “Doze Mode.” When your device is in Doze Mode, the alarm function will not work. In order to use the ISEKAI alarm function, you must turn off Doze Mode for the ISEKAI app in your device’s settings.
- ① Settings→Battery→Tap the three dots at the top→Tap “Battery optimization”→Tap “All apps”→Select “ISEKAI” from the list of apps→Choose “Don’t optimize.”
- ② Settings→Choose “ISEKAI” from the Apps menu→Tap “Permissions.” Check to make sure that all of the switches for the permissions are green. The app will not work properly if they are set to OFF.
8. The app doesn’t work on an Xperia device.
If your phone is in Stamina Mode, that may be the problem. On Stamina Mode, some apps’ functions are limited to conserve battery. The Google app, which is needed to interact with the ISEKAI app, may be limited as well.
To turn Stamina Mode off, go to Settings→Battery→switch Stamina Mode to OFF.
In order to remove the Google App from battery optimization,
- go to Settings and choose Battery.
- Tap the three dots on the upper right-hand corner and select “Battery optimization.”
- Select the “All apps” tab and put a check next to “Google apps.” Tap the “Not optimized” list.
- After checking to make sure the Google app is on the list, try using the ISEKAI app again.
9. Do I need to do anything if I change devices or my phone number? (Android/iOS apps)
You will need to download the app onto your new device.
All settings for your name and alarms, etc. will be reset, so please be sure to change them after downloading the app again.
Regarding purchased items, it is necessary to login with the same ID (Google account/Apple ID) that was used to purchase them. If you use a different ID to login, you will have to purchase them again in order to download them.
※It is not possible to transfer purchase history through the Android/iOS systems.
For iOS only, after re-downloading the app, please restore your purchases using the following procedures.
Open the ISEKAI app Menu→Tap “Help”→Tap “Restore Purchases”
10. Can you restore purchases between the Android version of the app and the iOS version of the app?
Currently, there is no function to restore purchases through the separate apps.
If you have a subscription, please cancel it before creating a new subscription.
11. I want to cancel my Megumin Basic Conversation - Paid Version monthly subscription.
Please follow the procedures below.
※Simply uninstalling the ISEKAI app will not cancel your subscription, so please be careful.
■Canceling subscriptions from the Google Play Store
- ① Open the Google Play Store (after logging in with the account used to purchase the ISEKAI subscription)
- ② Tap Subscriptions on the Google Play Store’s Menu (≡) button.
- ③ Tap ISEKAI and select “Cancel subscription” at the bottom of the screen.li>
- ④ Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the cancelation.
- ⑤ Check to make sure you receive a cancelation email from the Google Play Store.
※When canceling your subscription from the browser on your computer, please check the Google Play Help page.
■Canceling subscriptions from your iPhone/iPad device
- ① Tap your device’s Settings icon to open the Settings menu.
- ② Select “iTunes & App Store.
- ③ Tap your Apple ID and select “View Apple ID.” Enter your password.
※Or you can use Touch ID/Face ID.
- ④ Open “Subscriptions.”
- ⑤ Select “Megumin Basic Conversation - Paid Version.”
※It is also possible to view settings and cancel subscriptions through iTunes.
- ⑥ Cancel your subscription with the “Cancel Subscription” button at the bottom of the screen.
You can still use the Megumin Basic Conversation - Paid Version app for the rest of your pay period, even after canceling your subscription.
※When canceling a paid plan (or canceling a subscription), please cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current pay period.
※When canceling your subscription from the browser of your computer, please check the Apple support page for help.
12. The subtitles that appear on the screen are different from what I actually said.
Because the ISEKAI app microphone uses the voice recognition built into each device, the subtitles rely on that.
13. Regarding the Contents of the English Pack.
By purchasing the English Pack, voice recognition becomes possible in English and the character's subtitles will appear in English.
※After purchasing the English pack, voice recognition and subtitles settings will automatically be switched to English within the device's settings. The language settings can be changed within the app at any time.
※Please understand that the character's voice recordings will still be in Japanese.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Inquiries are accepted 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m Monday-Friday (except on national holidays, during Golden Week, and during summer/winter break).
Please note that we will respond to all inquiries by email.
※Please make sure that your email is set to accept emails from the “bookwalker.co.jp” domain.
※Depending on the content of your inquiry, it may take some time for us to reply. Thank you for your understanding.
※As a general rule, we do not respond to opinions or requests.